BOARD MASTER HOW-TO SAMPLE #5|
Add Image From Device and Modify Finished Image
The Add Image from Device and Modify Finished Image capabilities are shared
by the same dialog box. Note that this dialog does not support as many image
formats as the Add Image functionality. Functionality here is limited to BMP,
TIF and JPG formats.
Adding Images from Device
BoardMaster can import an image from most TWAIN compatible devices directly
into your project. This is done with the Add Image from Device icon or menu
selection. To acquire an image from a device select "Device" - This
selects the TWAIN device from which to get the image. Then select "Get
Image" - This launches the software associated with the selected TWAIN
device to acquire the image. A typical TWAIN device would be a scanner or
Modifying Finished Images
The following effects and modifications can be applied to finished images:
- Select Device - Selects the TWAIN device from which to get the
- Get Image - Launches the software associated with the selected
TWAIN device to acquire the image.
- Clipboard Copy - Copies the current image to the clipboard as a
- Paste - If a Bitmap image is on the clipboard it will replace the
- Rotate Image - Rotates the image the amount of positive or negative
degrees in the "Rotation in Degrees" edit box.
- Flip - Flips the image vertically.
- Mirror - Flips the image horizontally.
- Crop - If a section of the image has been selected, the crop button
will replace the current image with the selection.
- Brightness - Lightens the image by the value specified.
- Contrast - Increases or decreases the contrast of the image.
- Median - Filters the image using a 3 x 3 median filter.
- Autocontrast - Uniformly adjusts the contrast of the image.
- Despeckle - Removes noise from the image.
- Equalize - Does contrast equalization on the image.
- Blur - Blurs the image.
- Erode - Erodes the image, using a 3 x 3 minimum filter.
- Dilate and Diffuse - Diffuses the image by replacing a pixel with a
randomly selected neighboring pixel.
- Negative - Creates a color negative of the image.
- Outline - Enhances the edges of items in the image.
- Emboss - Gives a raised metallic look to the image.
- Posterize - Creates posterization contours by reducing the number
of colors in the image.
- Pinch - Gives the effect of the image being pinched in the center.
- Mosaic - Gives the image a pixelated look.
- Parabolic - Adjusts the brightness values of each pixel using a
- Soften - Softens the image.
- Sharpen - Sharpens the image.
- Blend - Blends each pixel with it's neighboring pixel.
- Gamma - Increases or decreases the intensity by raising or lowering
the brightness midpoint. Gamma values greater than 1.0 produce a brighter
image. Gamma values less than 1.0 produce a darker image.
- Swirl - Transforms the image by making it appear it was swirled in
the center. Values can be negative or positive for clockwise and